SECURE WRAP SUPLEMENTARY COMPENSATION GUARANTEE TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Customer: The passenger that has purchased the Secure Wrap Baggage Protection Service.
- Baggage Protection Service: The security service provided by Secure Wrap which involves wrapping baggage in a plastic film.
- Baggage: Luggage, suitcases, bags, backpacks, duffle bags and boxes protected by the Secure Wrap Baggage Protection Service.
- Airline: The air carrier with whom the customer traveled with when they purchased the Secure Wrap Baggage Protection Service and from whom they received payment from for total loss or damage to their baggage or luggage.
- Supplementary Compensation Guarantee: A corporate guarantee whereby Secure Wrap provides additional compensation to the Customer when the Customer’s Airline has paid for total loss or damage to the Customer’s protected baggage.
- Assistance: A complimentary global service provided by Secure Wrap to Customers in the event of damage or total loss to their baggage.
- Duration of Guarantee: The Supplementary Compensation Guarantee becomes effective upon the Customer purchasing the Baggage Protection Service and checking the protected Baggage with the Airline and terminates upon arrival at the destination airport.
SECURE WRAP OFFERS:
- A Supplementary Compensation Guarantee in the event of total loss or damage of protected baggage.
- Assistance to customer in tracing of lost luggage.
- Supplementary Compensation Guarantee does not cover delays, partial loss or content loss (the loss of items inside of baggage).
- The Supplementary Compensation Guarantee applies only to the baggage of customers who have purchased the Secure Wrap Baggage Protection Service.
SUPPLEMENTARY COMPENSATION GUARANTEE FOR TOTAL LOSS OR DAMAGED BAGGAGE:
Amounts of coverage:
- Total Loss of luggage up to a combined maximum of 5,000 USD
- Damage of luggage up to a combined maximum of 2,000 USD
The Supplementary Compensation Guarantee is subject to prevailing currency exchange rates between U.S. Dollars and the of the local currency in which the Airline made payment in.
THE SUPPLEMENTARY COMPENSATION GUARANTEEE IS SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:
- The Customer must contact Secure Wrap by phone or e-mail to report damage or loss of baggage within 72 hours from the day the Property Irregularity Report (P.I.R.) or similar baggage loss or damage report was filed with the Airline.
- The date on the Property Irregularity Report (P.I.R.) or similar baggage loss or damage report cannot be more than 24 hours, for direct flights, or 48 hours, for flights involving a connection, from the time of arrival at the final destination.
- The Airline must have monetarily compensated the Customer for the total loss or damage of the baggage. Monetary compensation from the Airline it must be in the form of cash, check, bank transfer, or electronic funds transfer. The Supplementary Compensation Guarantee does not apply when the Airline gives bonus miles, vouchers, coupons, trips, credits, gift cards, or other non-monetary compensation.
- In the event of total loss or damage to baggage (replacement or repair) the Customer must present the proof of the Airline payment that details the amount compensated for total loss or detailing the cost of the damaged baggage that was replaced or repaired.
- The Supplementary Compensation Guarantee shall not exceed the amount of compensation provided by the Airline for total loss or damage to the baggage.
- The value of the combined payment from the Airline and Secure Wrap for total loss or damage to protected baggage shall not exceed the maximum amounts of 5,000 USD for total loss and 2,000 USD for damage.
- The Customer will only receive one (1) supplementary compensation for unit of protected baggage.
- After having contacted Secure Wrap Assistance to report total loss or damage to protected luggage, the Customer will have 60 days from the date on the Airline Property Irregularity Report or other similar baggage loss or damage report to submit all required documents necessary to process the supplementary compensation guarantee request.
- The Supplementary Compensation Guarantee is no longer valid if the Customer takes physical possession of the protected baggage prior to arriving at the destination airport.
- In the event of connecting flights, the supplementary compensation guarantee is no longer valid if the arrival time of the original flight and departure time of the connecting flight exceeds 24 hours.
- In the case of connecting flights, the Supplementary Compensation Guarantee will not be valid if the Client’s connecting flight is not operated by the same Airline or an airline within the Airline’s Alliance.
THE PAYMENT OF THE SECURE WRAP SUPPLEMENTARY COMPENSATION IS SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
- Copy of Receipt provided from purchase of Secure Wrap service.
- Copy of Airline Ticket or Boarding Pass indicating name of Airline.
- Copy of Property Irregularity Report (P.I.R.) or similar baggage total loss or damage report.
- A photograph of the damage done to the luggage
- Copy of Passport or Official Identification document. (this is necessary to process the payment of any valid guarantee requests)
- Proof of monetary compensation from the Airline for total loss or damage to protected baggage.
- Letter from Airline certifying the payment was made for total loss or damage. Must include name, signature and telephone number of Airline representative providing the letter.
If any of the required documents listed above are omitted, the customer may not be eligible to receive the Secure Wrap Supplementary Compensation Guarantee.
RECOMMENDATIONS BY SECURE WRAP:
- In case of total loss or damage of baggage the Customer must file a Property Irregularity Report (P.I.R.) or similar baggage report with their respective Airline before leaving the Baggage Claim Area of the Airport.
- The customer will have 72 hours from the date on the Airline Property Irregularity Report (P.I.R.) to contact Secure Wrap via telephone or e-mail.
- The customer should visually inspect luggage at the baggage claim prior to exiting the airport for signs of damage. This will allow the customer to file a P.I.R. with their respective airline.
- This is not an insurance policy. Our supplementary compensation is a corporate backed guarantee that provides additional compensation to the airlines monetary payment for total loss or damage to baggage.
In case of total loss of luggage, our Customer Care Center will offer all customers help in locating or tracing the lost item.
Secure Wrap is not liable for the loss or damage to the luggage caused by the airline. There is no relation between Secure Wrap’s tracing procedures and the airlines.
NO LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES. Expect for Secure Wrap’s obligations pursuant to this Supplementary Compensation Guarantee, the Customer agrees that Secure Wrap or its affiliate, representatives, or related parties, shall not be liable for consequential, indirect, incidental, special, expectation, exemplary, punitive, or enhanced damages arising out of any breach of this Agreement, whether or not such damages were foreseeable or whether either party was advised of the possibility of such damages, regardless of the legal or equitable nature upon which a claim is based.
For further information please contact our Customer Care Center.